Lake Houston Fishing!

The one stop Lake Houston Fishing resource!
It is currently Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:04 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:03 pm 

I went up toLake Houston today to meet with the young fella that bought my boat to show him how to launch and recover a boat, and to show him all the stuff about the Humminbird and the trolling motor. He was good, Backed the trailer in perfectly and backed the boat off and tied it up. I parked his truck and jumped into the boat (slowly). I said go and he took the boat south into the bayou. I had him do full throttle start and the jump startled him a bit but he recovered quickly. Off we went down the bayou. When we got about half way to the mouth I had him put the trolling motor down and said play with the contols . then I had him turn on the
Humminbird and gave him a quick tutorial on it and he started playing with it. He said he would download a manual for it. This guy was amazing how fast he caught on. We ran back to the launch ramp and he loaded toe boat flawlessly with just a little direction. I am very happy to have the boat in such capable and excited hands. Before he became a paramedic he spent 5 years as a mechanic at a Mercedes dealer. This guy will take very good care of Dutch's boat. He wants me to come out with him to get him started crappie fishing too. :D :D :D :D

"Retired fishing" is just being out in the boat whenever you want.... and getting a Dairy Queen on the way home

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:08 pm 

Great news Dutch, I know that makes you feel good that he will care for your old boat that way.
Don't know if you read my post in the bass section, but we have a very large lake in East Texas that
has 30 or so very large grass carp in it. Maybe you could invite me for a carp trip from the bank so I
can possibly learn how to catch these things. Let me know.
We can go to DQ afterwards for one of you favorite treats. Let me know.
Bubba Hackett aka Craphac. Cell is 281-414-5745.

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:18 pm 

Bubba, I would love to have you come carp fishing with me. However, from what I have read, grass carp fishing is considerably different from what the old German or common carp fishing is. Maybe i can look up something on yuo tube to find out how to catch them. For now, I am going to try a bunch of local sloughs and bayous in the Clear Lake are to see where the fishing is best. Wish me luck. Dutch

By the way, thanks to all who volunteered to take me fishing on their boat. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

"Retired fishing" is just being out in the boat whenever you want.... and getting a Dairy Queen on the way home

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:17 pm 

good deal on selling it --- he seemed like a real good guy